Ashton in Makerfield Community Forum
The Ashton-in-Makerfield Community Forum is an independent website dedicated to recording events in the local community. It was established in 1999 to report the work of the Ashton Town Centre Group and its successor, the Ashton Community Forum, a non-political community association. Established to bring local residents together in the interests of the town.
Ashton in Makerfield Community News
Message from Wigan & Leigh Housing.
“As part of Wigan Council’s Go Fest 2015, we are running an event in Wigan Central Library on Saturday 17th October between 10:00am and 3:00pm called ‘Did Curiosity Really Kill The Cat?’.
Fostering an environment of curiosity and creativity, this event will explore how digital tools can be used in the pursuit of knowledge through collaborative learning and co-creation. During the session, participants will use creative, critical thinking skills to work in small teams on research tasks, using the digital tools within the Library to find, assess and present back their findings. Projects could include exploring local history, presenting an idea for a new app or video game, tackling a social issue, or developing a community campaign… the choice will be theirs! This is a free event and no technology or research skills are required… just lots of enthusiasm and energy!
• This event is suitable for anyone aged 6+ and seeks to be an intergenerational activity, so families are very welcome!
• Refreshments will be provided. Lunch will be 12:15pm – 1:00pm. Please let the event organiser know if you have any specific dietary requirements.
• Attendees will need to be able to commit to the whole day.
• Technology and equipment will be provided.
• The workshop is limited to 15 spaces. You can book places at: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/did-curiosity-really-kill-the-cat-tickets-18810436522”
- Police – none emergency
- Anti-Social Behaviour
or Noisy Neighbours
- Crime Stoppers
0800 555 111
- Wigan Council
- Leigh Walk-in Centre