Sparrow Fields Destruction and Impacts on Ashton

Home Forums Community Forum Sparrow Fields Destruction and Impacts on Ashton

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of The Makerfield Rambler clarkey 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jainm
    jainm
    Participant

I’d be interested to know how many people have NOT heard anything about the proposals for building all over Sparrow Fields at Bryn (all way from Bryn Cross down to Landgate estate and the lodges.
    Apart from the complete ridiculousness of the proposals, the traffic (Wigan Rd to Bryn Cross, Bryn Road, Bolton Road and the town centre in particular) and town centre trading impacts on Ashton are likely to be immense.
    We’ve recently seen one tragic accident involving an HGV in Gerard St. and the situation aint gonna get better.

Is there anyone except the majority of the local councillors (who should be ashamed of themselves for standing back and not opposing the WHOLE of this) who is FOR these stupid proposals ?

Profile photo of Frank Lee
    franklee
    Participant

Is there anyone except the majority of the local councillors (who should be ashamed of themselves for standing back and not opposing the WHOLE of this) who is FOR these stupid proposals ?

I thought that they are only responsible for putting flowers and christmas trees in Ashton as they don’t want to do anything else!!!

Profile photo of Ashtonian
    ashtonian
    Participant

Will be a massive impact all around Ashton and not just Bryn. How much worse can the traffic get????
    And that stupid little road will make no difference at all!

ashtonian
    Participant

I never realised how big the new warehouse was until I got close up. The others are going to be even BIGGER!

ashtonian
    Participant

How much are these alone going to affect the traffic in and around Ashton?

Profile photo of The Makerfield Rambler
    clarkey
    Participant

Following Wigan MBC”s publication of its initial draft “Allocations & Development Management Local Plan” there is now a further opportunity to make your views known. Comments can either be submitted online or at a drop-in session to be held at Captain’s Lane Community Centre on 23 November, 1.30-6.30pm. Full details at http://www.wigan.gov.uk/Council/Strategies-Plans-and-Policies/Planning/Allocations-Plan/Allocations-and-Development-Management-Local-Plan.aspx.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar